Thursday, February 7, 2013

Simplicity 2226 Pattern Review

Another project I made back in December and am just getting around to posting.  This cute skirt was made with Simplicity 2226:

Simplicity 2226
This was another sale material, I believe it was a Red Tag Clearance from Joanns for $3/yd.  It is just a basic cotton with white, yellow, and red stripes.

The pattern is great!  I really recommend this one, especially for people who say they 'can't sew'.  It is a simple pattern for a great versetile skirt that is cute and comfortable (and has huge pockets! a plus!)  I had to lengthen it a bit, because I wanted it to go just below the knee, but that is a really easy alteration.  I also opted out of the belt loops and tie belt, just because I didn't like it.  I honestly whipped this whole thing together in I think two hours (including cutting) which is super fast for me.  The second I finished it I put it on a wore it to a class.  So again, if you want an easy cute and generally awesome skirt pattern, get this one. You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment