Friday, January 4, 2013

Simplicity 1805 Pattern Review


This knit shirt is Simplicity 1805 view A, which I made as a sample for JoAnn's.  It is made from a thicker double stretch knit in a dark red. (the picture muted the color a bit)  I wasn't thrilled about making this shirt - I am a small person and feel like baggy things like this drown me out.  However, after trying this one on I actually really like it.  It isn't as baggy as I expected.  Beware that the directions on how to do the neck band are horribly wrong. (interfacing on a stretch knit?? what??)
So, If you do use this pattern, do not follow the instructions for the neck band.  Just sew the short ends together to form a loop, fold it in half wrong sides together, iron it nice, and pin it on the shirt body (also right side out) with the raw neck edge and the raw edges of your neck band together, then turn it in and iron it flat. Easy as that! (hey look, I made a rhyme!)

No comments:

Post a Comment