Friday, January 4, 2013

New Look 6026 Pattern Review

 


This top is New Look 6026 view D, which I made as a sample for JoAnn's.  I was excited to make this and think it turned out pretty cute, but it was much more difficult to make than I expected. There were a ton of little pieces and the instructions were a nightmare.  This was one of those projects where I had to ignore the instructions and do it myself!
So, while the end result is nice, I warn you that you will need to have patience because there are about 14 pieces in the neck and sleeve bands.  The ruffle at the bottom is a bit too ruffley for my taste, I plan on toning it down a bit. The sleeves are a bit to butterfly like.  Also, I was disappointed at how wide the neck is, you may want to consider altering it to be smaller unless you like your bra straps peeking out or you plan to wear a layering shirt under. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I wish I could sew like that. But sewing takes patience, and I have none...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! This one took about all the patience I had... but I think that is why I like sewing. I've got that impatient German blood and this is about the only way I've found to help me learn patience - because there is a fun reward at the end!

      Delete