Friday, November 9, 2012

Ham and Cheese Casserole

Growing up, one of my favorite meals was ham and cheese casserole.  Guess what? It still is one of my favorite meals.  My mom makes it with tri-color rotini and calls it "Green Noodle Casserole", but I can't convince hubby that green noodles are yummy.

It isn't the healthiest meal ever, but I promise if your kids like cheese they will eat it. It's like mac and cheese but a billion times better (and dare I say easier? It's possible.)


Ham & Cheese Casserole:

1 cup sour cream
1 10 oz can cheddar cheese soup (we like Campell's nacho cheese soup)
1 lb uncooked rotini pasta (tri-color if your family will eat it)
1 1/2 cups diced ham
1/2 cup sliced black olives (optional, I usually don't do this)
3/4 cup milk
1 cup grated cheese
pepper to taste

Cook noodles.  In a seperate bowl, stir sour cream and soup together until well blended. Mix this sauce with the noodles and all remaining ingredients except cheese. Spread in casserole dish (9x9 or 8x11) sprinkle with grated cheese.  Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

Yum.... I want to go make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment