Wednesday, October 24, 2012

About Us


(Photo courtesy SilverCrest Photography)

Alright, well, now that I’ve determined a sort of purpose or direction for this blog (essentially just about me being me, which is what people told me to write about all along… thanks people!) its time to let you know who I am.  I don’t know if that will make people any more likely to read my blog, but it might quell your curiosity a bit.

I am… uh… why is it so hard to write about yourself?

Once upon a time, in the land that I’ve lived in my entire life, I was born.  I have a mom and a dad and three younger siblings.  And then, I found Prince Charming, I made him mine, and we are living happily ever after.  We have a little prince of our own now.  I think he is the cutest little thing that ever existed, and judging by the number of complete strangers who have stopped me to talk about his dashing good looks, he must be.

Hubby and I are both pioneer stock (well, not completely, but mostly).  Our ancestors walked across the country to come here, and we don’t have any desire to leave.  We hope to carry on the same faith and traditions as our forefathers, here in the land they claimed for us.

I get a little nostalgic at times (a lot nostalgic, very often) for the ‘good old days’ before I was even born.  I like old things, I like connecting to the past.  I like to do things the ‘old fashioned way’ (don’t get me wrong, I love indoor plumbing and electricity).  I think that connecting to the past gives us greater perspective and helps us chart our future.

I am an expert procrastinator. You might say I’m lazy, but maybe I’m just slowing down to enjoy the finer things in life (like napping).  I am the most indecisive person you will ever meet.  I can’t make up my mind about 90% of the time.  But when I do make up my mind, no power in earth or hell can shake me.

Somehow, I manage to be both assertive and reticent.  I think this has to do with my indecisiveness, I can’t even decide on my own personality.  I am generally unconfident and uncertain about myself, and assume that when people complement me they are just trying to be nice.  (This is really why I haven’t ever started a blog; my ideas just never seem very cool.)

I guess you will learn my interests through this blog, but I most enjoy spending time with family, eating, creating, and learning (everything).  I read a lot of old books about religion, education, sewing, and what they used to call “housewifery”, but that is not PC these days.  My goal is to live a real intentional, responsible, planned, purposeful, organized life and to help others do the same… I have faith that if I keep moving, I’ll get to where I’m going.

No comments:

Post a Comment