Sunday, October 28, 2012

21 Days project

If anyone needs to figure out how to live a more disciplined life, it is me! I would say that I have discipline, but I just can’t seem to get things done – which I suppose is evidence that I am not as disciplined as I thought.
 
Luckily, Crystal Paine over at moneysavingmom.com has just published a new E-book, 21 Days to a More Disciplined LifeWhen I read the sales page and description of the book and to whom it was written, I thought “yeah, that’s me… but a book won’t help!” Then, she linked to a group of bloggers (and facebookers and tweeters) who are going to keep each other going on this and actually accomplish something instead of read the book, be motivated for a day, and then be overwhelmed and lazy all over again the next. (Which is what will happen to me, I know)
 
The book is all about forming new good habits while accomplishing some sort of goal or project. Each day has a page of motivation and encouragement, followed by a goal for the day and a tip for your “Mega-Project”. The Mega-Project is the thing that you want to have completed by the end of the 21 days. I picked cleaning and organizing my storage/sewing/office/whatever room (it is hoarderville in there, really). The book is designed so that you can use it again and again to do many different projects. (It isnot just cleaning related projects either. Others have chosen waking up earlier, eating healthier, losing weight, learning a new skill, sewing/building something, etc.) If I’m somewhat successful with this one, I just might tackle the garage or under the stairs next.
 
So, starting November 1st, I will be doing this 21 day challenge, along with other women (and men, I suppose) around the country (world?) who, like me, make great plans, start big projects, and then never accomplish anything. I will post my progress to you a few times each week, and then at the end of November, give a book review and final report on my success (or failure).

Here's the deal: I need your help! I need you to keep me accountable and keep me going on this thing! Please comment and let me know that you are watching me. :)
 

Note: If you purchase  the book by following the image link above (or other links on my page), I will make a small commission on the sale. If you do decide to buy the book, thank you in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment